In a message dated 5/4/2005 11:05:57 AM Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
she still has horrendous problems with her ears<<
That's tough. She was lucky/smart to find a good home with you. Kerry
Yeah, just call me a sucker! But I knew she would not be able to have her special diet if she stayed at the shelter,and no one else could touch her ears, so that would have meant the previous ear surgeries were fruitless.
Also, I knew she was a "liability" for the shelter due to her aggressiveness, and it was only a matter of time before she would have been put in our "aggressive" dog kennel.
And, yes it's nice we have a place for these dogs, but seriously, many of them are VERY aggressive and I think living 24/7 in a kennel run w/out much human contact just makes them worse.
I am pro no kill shelters, but with these very aggressive/vicious dogs (26 last count), I sometimes wonder if we are doing the right thing for them.
And also, we have to turn down perfectly wonderful dogs due to space.
And having these dogs pose a serious risk. They have no fear, and are not the least bit hesitant to attack, either humans or other animals....
It's just not much of a life for them.
And, there are a few that I have worked with and they trust me, but there are many that would eat me alive if given the chance...
As it stands right now with me having Midnight, I have a huge responsibility. Pa. has a "vicious dog act" and if she does bite someone I am faced with either euthanizing her or getting her out of state.
I guess I am a little bit "crazy" when it comes to my furkids.
Patti