I actually postponed the AC phone call too, because it was scheduled for 10 pm last night just so I could talk to her before the this morning's ultrasound, but I decided to postpone the ultrasound and wanted to go to sleep. I have not rescheduled it yet. I may do it later today or tomorrow.

Fern is on all sorts of meds for her joints. She used to get rimadyl for her arthritis, but can not get that or any other NSAIDs or aspiring now because she is on a lot of pred and the combination causes gastric bleeding. The pred helps. The main problem she has with her joints now is polyarthritis, which is not normal arthritis but an auto-immune reaction to her cancer, and it can only be controlled with steroids and immune-suppressing drugs, which she is on. She is having more difficulty breathing now, I think because of the humidity. She is fairly quiet when still,  but was huffing a lot on her walk this morning and did not want to go far, maybe 100 yards.  She has her monthly oncology appointment tomorrow. I am nervous about it-- I know the cancer is in most of her lungs at this point but do not want to hear the oncologist say it or look at the x-rays.  We may get a nasal oxygen thing put in her nose tomorrow and take home an oxygen tank,so that we can give her oxygen periodically when she has labored breathing, like after her walks.  The oncologist had suggested it for the end stage. I am not sure if we are there yet or not.

Michelle