Jenn,
  Keep up the good work and keep us posted! I'm not so sure about
giving her Gatorade though. But maybe others on this list would know
more about that.

Bonnie in WI

 www.elephants.com
I have generic Gatorade, but that has flavor in it.

I'm tempted to syringe her some lukewarm water, but I did have the food she was eating soupy, so I'm not sure it's absolutely necessary. I hate to over-do it and make her puke, I don't think she has the extra calories to burn right now. She's resting comfortably on the sofa on a heating pad now. She will eat a few bites of food every 15 minutes or so, I keep re-heating it and offering it to her bit by bit. She refused water, but the kids who brought her to me told me they had given her milk and tuna so maybe she's not thirsty because of the milk (I'm praying she's not lactose intolerant). I admire those kids, typical late teens/early 20's kids, one just got out of jail, and they brought me this cat to save, I can't help but admire them for that! Maybe there's hope for them, the one had the cat bundled up in his hoodie, and he told me to "just keep it". I'm going to make sure he gets it back, of course.

I am sure I will take her to one of my vets tomorrow morning (whoever will give me the best deal on rehydrating her), I just can't afford an "emergency" after hours visit, so I'm just trying to nurse her through the night.

So far, I've offered her a cat box several times, and she shows no interest at all (as thin as she is I'm sure her body is using most of it all so far).

She looks SO much worse than Moogie did when she died... it's hard to believe this cat might make it (I hate to get my hopes up just to be crushed). She's strong though, she has a big, hearty meow, and she actually BIT one of my feeding syringes in half already (that's why I just gave her a dish, she came alive in the middle of a syringe feeding and decided she was finally HUNGRY).

Thanks everyone!

Jenn

Do you have any pedilyte in the house?  How about Transfer Factor?
Anything with electrolytes would help.  Barbara's suggestion about
monitoring her bathroom habits is a very good idea.  Don't be surprised
if it takes her a while before she urinates or defecates.  See if you
can get a hold of some Sub Q fluids for her.  You can order them on-line
of course, but maybe a vet will take pity on you and help you out
without charging you an arm and a leg.
Nina
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.