Hi Stan,
I don't have anything to add that might help with Jersey's trouble. I wish I did. I just wanted you to know that I'm sending good thoughts your way and pray you find a way to help him get better. You're a wonderful cat-dad, Jersey is lucky to have someone who loves him so much.
Nina

stany petrov wrote:

Barbara,

I have Jersey from the semi- beginning when he was a baby. I just learned him to walk outside and get home. I lived in Brooklyn for 1 and a half years before I moved to Ohio. Here, he was fine till late January when he started sneezing and one of his eyes got red. The temp. was high. I took him to a vet (another one) twice. He put some shots and gave him antibiotics. Jersey got better but not exactly as before. The temp. was about 102.4- 102.5 and I let him out again. He likes hiking and if I lock the cat door he is starting to meow and scratch and tear the things around him. So, that was in March. And finally in late April, early May he started going outside and stay home which is not a good indicator for him. Finally he started loosing weight and walking hard with his back legs.

I will stop visiting this vet and try to feed him more but...I hardly think he will survive. His kidneys are a little bit arger than the normal and he has the symptom of the Polysyst Kidney disease- drinking lots of water and loosing weight and appetite. I am confused. He cannot move at all already (just for a week, unbelievable).

Thanks again

Stan