Tonya,
   Yeast infections in ears do not smell, at least not to me. I did not smell anything with the two of mine who had them.
Michelle

In a message dated 7/6/05 12:56:08 AM Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Thanks Michelle,

I hadn't thought about a yeast infection, but  I've dealt with them in dogs. I have allergies myself and can't smell things that well, but I would definitely smell a yeast infection! I was thinking about the immune thing as well.  The other 2 cats that had goopy ears are older cats.  One of them was the one who had been on the zythromax for bartonella with gum infections and the other is the older cat who's always had allergy problems and has the urinary infection.  So anyway, the point of all that is I think it does have to do with their immunity being down.  :(