Gloria,

While pricey, have you tested him for allergies?  It was close to $300 for each of my Daisy (-) and Butch (FIV+).  Now they have allergy shots.  Daisy is allergic to many things and changing her food has helped considerably.  Both of them still have flare-ups; theirs is skin.  The IVD fm the vet was best but Daisy will only eat Wellness chicken or turkey.  Her allergies are the carbs! rice, grains, etc., unusual for cats.  Butch did not test positive for foods yet the IVD or Wellness has helped him as well.  The allergy serum isn't cheap either, again about $300 each for a batch which lasts quite a while ... began in early January I think and still using the same vials.

Del
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, August 03, 2005 6:58 AM
Subject: Re: Sniffles and red face- Lancelot

OK - Lancelot's getting better but still not out of the water!
Again, he is a mostly white, felv- cat (maybe 1.5 yr old) with
allergies.

I took him to a second vet I go to, 1 hour away.  She did ozone, and
gave me Ovaban (sp).  He did get better. We did 1 week of daily
Ovaban, then once a week.

He's not scratching as badly, swelling has gone down, his nose isn't
nearly as plugged up, but he still looks somewhat inflamed and a
little sniffly.   I'm taking him back to her this week sometime, for
more ozone.   He's still red faced, a bit.

Before that, he had Amoxi, Zeniquin, Dex, Tylosin, intereferon,
blood test, skin biopsy, ear fungal test, other stuff.  Have tried
Transfer Factor periodically, but hard to do because of the picky way
he eats (and having 8-9 other cats).  Have used Interferon regularly.

I just can't get this kitty "WELL".  Somebody suggested Cyclosporin.
First vet said this is expensive, I'll ask the second vet. But they
say he has ALLERGIES.   I am changing to Petguard (health food store)
pet food.  Any suggestions for allergies?  Trying to get this kitty
well!

Gloria