Oh Jen, I'm so sorry - Here's lifting a glass of wine to Ewok, may he get well and prosper. Sounds like a great guy. Gloria

At 01:24 PM 8/26/2005, you wrote:
Damn, damn, damn...but I can't tell you guys enough how so very proud
of this little man I am...my vet was able to get us into the
oncologist's office straight away and it was confirmed that he has
lymphosarcoma in his chest cavity.  He went through his first round of
chemo this morning (everything has happened so fast...I'll probably be
hitting the wine supply shortly...forget going back to
work!  ;)  )...anyhoo, all we can do now is wait and see how the tumor
responds.  My vet was actually quite impressed with his overall health
(bloodwork, etc.) that she even retested him for leukemia to see if he
hadn't thrown the virus off...but, unfortunately, he's still coming up
positive.  No mattter, though, he seems to be pretty upbeat
irregardless...incessently grooming all his shaved spots...if all goes
well, the oncologist says perhaps six to eight months (although he
treated a feleuk guy who's going on 2 years remission), and I'll take
it seeing as though, for these Feleuk guys, 6 months is a lifetime...

Thank you all so much for your good wishes, they truly mean the world
to me, especially in the days ahead!

Jen

"But if you tame me, then we shall need each other. To me, you will be
unique in all the world. To you, I shall be unique in all the world;
You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed..." --Antoine
de Saint-Exupéry

"If you talk to the animals they will talk with you and you will know
each other.  If you do not talk to them you will not know them, and
what you do not know you will fear. What one fears one destroys." --
Chief Dan George