I don't know what the hell I was up to, thinking I could get away with not syringe feeding a starving cat! My only excuse is that I'm so beat up right now that I was wishfully thinking that miraculously she'd start eating on her own. I feel like silly putty in the hands of an overweight, chocolate smudged, 6 year old.

Anyway the nice lady that's helping with holistic remedies sent me this assist-feed recipe to try. I've already started Grace on it, (it's delicious, btw). I used chicken BF instead of A/D. I thought I'd post it for anyone that might be in need. Not quite sure of the exact measurement of a "smidgen" :)

* 1/4 cup plain chicken broth (I prefer it fairly watery and not too much fat
* couple of drops of Pet Tinic
* 2 smidgens of KMR
* 2 smidgens of Slippery Elm Bark powder (to coat the stomach for nausea)
* 1 smidgen of Acidophilus powder (Kyo-Dophilus)

Of course, the ingredients can be varied depending upon the needs of the individual cat and the circumstances, like adding or alternating:

* a bit of Hills A/D might be beneficial, or
* a bit of Colostrum