Apologies to all my dear friends for my absence in posting, which is likely to continue for another week (at least) due to temporary doubling of my workload to impossible level. Thankfully it's all in a good cause (Hurricane Katrina).
Please know I'm thinking of you all and praying for all your sick kitties, and I send my condolences to you for all those dear souls that have crossed the bridge.
The good news (albeit another reason I've been chasing my tail this week) is that I have a new (negative) foster kitty, 15-year-old Pookie. He's white with blue eyes. I have very little info on him ("deaf, kidney problem") but am directed to give him subQs every other day, or daily if nec. He seems happy enough, but he is SO SO thin--his weight isn't on his chart, but I figure 5 lb (his sex doesn't even seem determinate--chart says 'F" -- shelter director says "male"). I desperately want to fatten him up. I've had no time to research yet, apart from reading Frazier re the subQ, but any info wd be welcome on what I can do to help this little guy put some weight on.
Hope to be back in the swim very soon.
love to y'all. Kerryxx