Yes unfortunately very true. It is much cheaper to import cat and dog fur from china than fake fur. Last year I voiced my disgust at a couple of shops here in the uk for passing furry ball scarfs off as fake - they were not labelled and smelled like animal and you could see the animal skin it was so poorly made. I ended up repoting the shops to peta and getting fur trade info sent out to them. The chinese fur trade is cruel beyond belief. Peta recently got some undercover video footage which I daren't watch because I'll be too traumatised. They do skin alive as they believe the adrenylin pumping provides for a better quality pelt. They steal people's pets too for the fur - the whole thing is sick. I know peta are often seen as extreme but on this one they appear to be spot on sadly.

Michelle, Buddy, Minstrel & Angel Bramble (After my sighting I played Bramble's favourite music and had his ashes casket on one shoulder and tidge's on the other telling them I'm happy for them to be with me whenever they want)