Thanks Michelle.  I am glad that Cricket went fairly
quickly too.  I really don't think I could have dealt
with him suffering for much longer.  The twenty
minutes was torture enough.  I kept begging God to let
him go, and begging Cricket to let go.  I am 35 years
old and this has truly been one of the hardest things
I have ever had to do, and my life has not been an
easy one.  My mom just lost her boyfriend of 11 years
to cancer in May and she went through a hundred times
more than I did with Cricket, but a lot of the same
type things: trying to get him to eat, giving him
meds, the hoping, taking him to all the doc visits,
praying, etc.  I don't know how people do it, and I
have a newfound respect for those in hospice care and
for those who care so compassionately for their loved
ones who are terminal.  I was with my grandmother when
she died, and I guess I was hoping Cricket would go as
peacefully, but it wasn't so peaceful.  And I think if
it was, I might be handling this a little better.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs