Nina you know, I still enjoy my dogs and other's dogs, but much of the time
when I look into their faces, I see..."I need something from you."  (Pet me
now? Gonna eat that? Gonna let me out now? Not now?  How bout now?)  Could
be I have anxious dogs.
But when I look into the eyes of my cats, I see that they truly enjoy my
presence. They seem to convey such peace to me.  The adult cats exude calm.
Most of the time.   I guess they don't exude calm when they are chewing on
my hair or sitting on my chest licking my nose in the middle of the night,
but you know what I mean.  So I have to agree with you about the spiritual
quality cats posess.
Sandy