Sandy,
   I would think that if he had lymphoma in his kidneys to the point that they are enlarged, that something would be off in his blood work.  I could be wrong, but when Josephine's kidneys got big enough for me to notice (which is probably bigger than Cotton's are right now), her kidney values were terrible.  So maybe it is a good sign that his blood work is normal, and maybe there is something else going on.
Michelle