Hi Lynne, I'm so sorry for your sad loss. In reply to your first question, that's what I've been told - if they were born with the virus, they have less of a chance. My two who were born with the virus lived to 2.5-3 yrs of age. I wasn't giving them interferon. I have 5 FELV cats now, and two that I'm pretty sure were born with the virus. Been giving them low dose oral interferon daily since they were kittens. They're about 2 yrs now, so we'll see.

Gloria