Even if Patti misunderstood Sandy, I understand what
Patti meant about the common misconception that an
illness in an FeLV cat is usually attributed by many
vets to the FeLV.  I think it is important to point
this out to new members.  Cricket had an infection
that he got from his toenails being ripped out while
trying to escape a dog, but at the time, we didn't
know his feet were injured, only that his fever was
skyrocketing, he wouldn't eat or drink, and that he
tested positive for FeLV.  If I would have left his
treatment up to the vet, he would have only lived 2
and a half years versus four and a half.

All the info. here is good info. for the most part,
and what isn't we discuss rationally.  We are all so
blessed to be in contact with one another.

:)
Wendy

http://mail.yahoo.com