Well...
i got to the vet hospital and they said "your appt is for thursday!" i said no,
this is important to do now, so i have to
see someone now, i said "my cat is sick and needs medication that I can't give
him so I have to see someone about it
he cant go on like this he feels terrible". The girl was SO nice and i saw the
head honcho vet who is always impossible
to get an appt with. He showed me how to adminster meds and i said you make it
look so easy (he did this with
liquid form) and the vet tech then showed me a way and told me instead of a
towel, to sit on the bed with the
comforter aroudn him. She said i could also put him in his carrier and this way
he has no where to go but that looked
a little harder. They showed me how to hold his head and said not to be afraid
to hold the scruff. I think I'm too
easy, I need to be more assertive and let him know he has to do this...ITS FOR
HIS OWN GOOD! Lol now i really
sound like a mom! Well, I wanted to be sure I could do it, so I tried holding
him the way she showed me an he was
pretty good. They did agree though that he's a tough one. They were able to get
in the meds, but he spit some out!
So it was as if he were like "FINE! you got me but im just gonna spit it out!
THERE!" lol. Well, they gave me a 1cc
syringe but they had used the fatter one, and i said hey this looks like a lot
more, i know it's not but i have to put a
whole syringe in while the other one looks like less and goes faster (no way i
was gonna push that skinny plunger alll
the way down) so i said gimme the fat one. it will go quicker. So they gave me
both. LOL.

Patti, the dr told me that both met. and famitidone or however you spell it
both only come in IV...though he looked
kind of unsure of that...i think he didnt think i could inject. I said listen,
i want to do whatever i have to do to treat
him at home. I do not want him in the hospital. If i have to inject him, I will
do it, and you can show me how. Well
he gave me that story and said he would flavor it with some fish taste (YUCK!)
and make it liquid. So, no more pills!
they did give him a pill no problem though...looked so easy! It's the front
legs. Someone needs to hold his front legs!
so I'm going to try the comforter and quick syringe tomorrow. Wish me luck. At
least they gave him a nice dose at the
vets for today. He ate dinner. Yay! The vet said...that he is eating is a
goooood sign. Yay! So day by day....day by
day.

Hugs...i love everyone here already...and if you didn't guess it already...im a
huge mushy sentimental person so
beware of the occasional emotional outbursts. LOL!

Brooklyn says "THANKS A LOT EVERYONE" lol but really he means thank you. lol

hugs
Rebecca