wendy wrote:

OMG Steph!  What a horrible thing for your aunt to do?
 Has she lost her marbles?  Is she always that way, or
was it her reacting to her mother's death?  People do
strange things when they are in emotional distress.

No she was always a heartless you-know-what. She told my grandmother to her face that country club people shouldn't mix with mill hill people (mill hills in the south are houses the textile mills built for their employs, my grandparents both worked in mills and we still own the mill house they bought... and we still live there!), that was her excuse for not including her mother in their thanksgiving plans that year.

I'm totally thrilled to be an only child... my dad's side isn't very nice, I look at the other three girls and wonder where he acme from 'cause he's a wonderful man and very generous and honest... his sisters lack those traits... one of hte three is a wonderful woman, but a habitual liar and truth stretcher... she's the only one I'll speak to. Guess I'm lucky I got the good one of the family for a dad!

 I am sorry that you lost your grandma and I am even
sorrier that some of your family members don't
understand you.  Thank goodness for the grace of God,
when everything else that's supposed to be fine and
normal isn't.

Thanks... I've been weepy and sad today... This entire weekend really... and this group is the most suportive and understanding group around... I lost my aunt fifteen years ago this month, my granddad 5 years ago this month, Candy, the mother to my Rosie, three years ago last month, Alphie, Rosie's sister, a year ago today, several other of my kitties died this week in the past 15 years, my Rosie has ailing health and isn't getting any better, and my dad has heart disease and is getting worse. I'm just totally unprepared to deal with facing anything at this point and I'm not prepared to accept mortality right now... I'm tired of dealing with death and dying... Somehow I've ended up horribly depressed lately, and I gained 20lbs to boot and nothing fits.

Sorry for dumping my problems on you guys...

Steph