All and all, it sounds very encouraging! I'm so glad that Brooklyn is feeling better! Good for you with getting your nerve up to administer those meds. I know you just bought the script for the liquid stuff, but like I said before, I hate forcing anything vile down their throats if I can help it. Why don't you try the pilling again? If you and Brooklyn are getting better at this, you may be able to successfully pill him and he won't have that nasty taste in his mouth. Jenn and a couple of the others mentioned how the piller they've used didn't work right for them. I have a half dozen of the things and there's only one that works great every time. Ask your vet to sell you one of the ones that they use that works well, (otherwise you're coming back in to bother them again!).
Nina

veggiepugs wrote:

Hi Everyone....just an update and a question. First question...how much does
that Roomba cost? That sounds AWESOME! With a kitty, two rabbits, one who LOVES
to kick her litter all over the place and 2 dogs that shed enough to make
another dog, that would be AWESOME!

Secondly, not a question but...YAY! I successfully gave Brooklyn his medication 3x already. Yesterday he got me, bit me but accidentally i think, then this morning he seemed to not fight as much, but he was also wrapped in my blankets. He was quick to forgive me this time and I feel as though he's getting used to it because he usually would sulk afterwards and today he just ran into the kitchen and asked for breakfast. So his appetite is back and even after he's been traumatized! The issue though, is that he tries to spit it out. He gurgles it up and drools out the meds. I feel so bad, it must taste SO awful. The dr gave me Flagyl/Albon mix in one and decided against the famitadine i have no idea how to spell that but I know you guys get it. Anyway, so Brooklyn is not so much opposed to me opening his mouth, he's good at that now, but as soon as he feels the syringe go into his mouth and he gets a taste of the meds, that's when he struggles. It really must taste disgusting. So, this morning I opened his mouth and tried not to touch the syringe to his mouth before squeezing it and carefully squeezed it into the back of his throat. He didn't spit up quite so much this time. He still has diarrhea but isn't throwing up anymore which, looking at him, seemed to take a LOT out of him. He seemed a little dehydrated yesterday but had plenty of water last night. Actually, he was drinking a lot. Is that a bad thing or a good thing? He was at the water bowl for a good few minutes or so. This morning he was out on the couch lounging in the sunlight coming in through the window. Never did that before. Guess he is feeling more comfortable. I'm glad to see that.
So, we're doing better. :)

Thanks for listening everyone and thanks so much for all your support!
hugs,
Rebecca