Hi Pat -

I've had an FELV/FIV pos kitty - Mr. Black Kitty, a real beloved cat. He came into my life skinny and sick, but feisty. Found him in 2001, he died in 2002, a year later.

I've also asked about mixing FELV and FIV - and I don't think there's any definitive answer, except that both have lowered immune systems, and it might be a problem for the FIV kitties.

I give all my FELV kitties .5cc interferon daily as an immune system booster. Give it to my other kitties if they get sick. Different vets charge different prices - I've found a great price ($15 for a large bag) and so it's cheap for me.

Best of luck,

Gloria