Imagine if you'd been paying out tooth-fairy style for all those teeth!  (Actually I guess you have, the vet bills must be enormous at your house!).  I like the idea of using the whiskers on ceramic kitties :) .  Maybe you could give them as a thank you gift for donations to the cause...  and with your generous donation of $50 dollars or more, you get a ceramic kitty with authentic fallen whiskers!

Presto wrote:
Message
May I add a little humor?  Sometimes in traumatized times, a little humor helps.

You might want to have Hannibal's tooth saved.

I have a tooth collection.  Whenever a dental is done on one of our cats--and many, many have been done--I have the extracted teeth saved.  The doctor and I examine them together, and then I place them in a container with the cat's name on it, and stash it in my tooth collection.

I've joked about having them put on a necklace, African-style.  But I'm not serious.

I also have a whisker collection, in containers in the same drawer with the teeth.  Whenever I find a shed whisker on the floor, I pick it up, admire it, and put it in my whisker collection.

I thought maybe I could have a potter design little ceramic cats and insert the whiskers in the appropriate places, entitling them "Carpet Scraps" to make people aware that they hadn't been pulled from the cat.  But I thought better of it.

Presto