theoretically, a DNA/PCR test can tell the "wild" virus from the vaccine strain, and i know that research is being done on refining the testing. last i heard, tho, the testing wasn't very reliable--not that PCR testing itself isn't, but that labs for some reason weren't getting consistent results.... sorry, can't remember better details!