Oh Gloria, I'm so sorry, for Pansy and esp for you. I know how hard it is to send any of them off for surgery. I always worry and this is why. From the instances of this happening, it doesn't seem to matter how old they are. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for this sort of thing. Can you ask what kind of anesthesia was used? When I brought my Ursula in to be spayed the vet suggested giving her fluid during surgery. I hadn't heard of doing that before, I have no idea if that helps. Aw, this just sucks. I know how much you love your little charges and that you always do whatever you can to protect them. There was no way for you to know this was going to happen, and like me, I know that you feel strongly about no one moving on to forever homes intact. Try not to be too hard on yourself, (it's so very hard to not second guess our decisions after the fact), this wasn't your fault. Much love to you,
Nina

Gloria Lane wrote:

Would you add Pansy to the Bridge list? I took her to the vet this morning to be spayed. When I called this afternoon, he said that she died after the surgery!! I was shocked. I got her in early December.

She was not FELV, was a pretty little 6 mo old silver Persian, really sweet, playful, really pretty. I certainly didn't expect it, and will miss her.

Gloria