15  is low, but not deathly low.  It depends on how fast it is dropping.  Kerry's Bandy was down to 17, I think, and is back up to 32 through a combination of folic acid and some other supplements, and I think he was on Epogen for a while. Did you save the post with all her recommendations? I have it and can send it to you if you didn't.

I know little about thyroid and nothing about methimazole.

Michelle