I know.  When Simon needed to go into the hospital, they would not admit him without me paying half the estimate, and there was not enough room on our credit card for it.  Luckily my mom was able and willing to give me her credit card number for it.  It was  very scary feeling, though, until she did.  I wanted to shoot the damn receptionist in the head, me standing there with my sick baby and her saying if I did not have a credit card to put it on they would not even see him.  What about someone who had no relative with a working credit card they were willing to lend?

If it is lymphoma, I am not sure there is anything that can make him go 6 months without chemo.  But the vet who told me about the steroid combo I am always recommending (1/2 cc dexamethasone and 1/2 depomedrol, given periodically when they go downhill) said that she had some cats with lymphoma go 6 months on these shots alone, with good quality of life.  If nothing else seems to help, you might want to try this.  Did the dex shot help at all? If it did, you might want to try the combo shot. It is not expensive, though you will probably need to go to the vet to get it. The shots can be given sub-q, but most vets will not give clients the shots to take home.

But it might not be lymphoma.

Michelle