Thanks Tonya.  I think I will go that route if I don't
see an improvement in eating/drinking very soon.  It's
a little scary though.  I've never stuck a needle into
another living being, unless you count getting
splinters out, so I am a bit nervous about trying
this.  Do you give the cat the whole bag?  And where
and how do you stick the needle?

Thanks,
Wendy

--- catatonya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Wendy,
>
>   The fluid is already in the bags you buy.  You
> don't fill them yourselves.  I don't know what all
> is in them.  I suppose electrolytes, fluids, maybe
> potassium?  If you've got a decent vet a bag of
> fluid and the set up for sub q should be less than
> $10.

> wendy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>   Hey Michelle,
>
> I can't imagine how you felt with them telling you
> pay up front while you're holding your sick cat!
> That
> just sounds bad! I just started working a second
> job,
> so as soon as we get any money at all, then I will
> probably take Stretch in for the tests and if
> affordable, to get X-rays, and the fluid drained. Do
> X-rays show cancer tumors and/or fluid? Also, how
> often do you give the dex/depo shot (if it is
> lymphoma)? I could not really tell if the dex shot
> helped much. Stretch isn't breathing as heavily as
> she was, but her breathing is still somewhat
> labored.
> Also, where do you get the bags and needles to do
> sub-Q fluids? Is there anything else I need to do
> sub-Q? Do you just use water?
>
> Thanks,
> Wendy

> Just $16.99/mo. or less.