I am attaching the websites which may help you with different tips of giving fluid – they are very helpful site.

http://www.felinecrf.org/quick_summary.htm

http://www.weirdstuffwemake.com/weird/stuff/pets/cats/sophia/catjuice.html

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of catatonya
Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2006 8:21 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: Need your help with Stretch

Hey Wendy,

Your vet will show you how to do it and tell you how much to give and how often.  One bag holds 1000 mL and typically you give 100-200 mL throughout the day so a a bag will last a while.

It IS hard when you first start, but you build up your confidence as you go.  Be prepared to stick yourself a few times too!

wendy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Thanks Tonya. I think I will go that route if I don't
see an improvement in eating/drinking very soon. It's
a little scary though. I've never stuck a needle into
another living being, unless you count getting
splinters out, so I am a bit nervous about trying
this. Do you give the cat the whole bag? And where
and how do you stick the needle?

Thanks,
Wendy

--- catatonya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Wendy,
>
> The fluid is already in the bags you buy. You
> don't fill them yourselves. I don't know what all
> is in them. I suppose electrolytes, fluids, maybe
> potassium? If you've got a decent vet a bag of
> fluid and the set up for sub q should be less than
> $10.

> wendy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
> Hey Michelle,
>
> I can't imagine how you felt with them telling you
> pay up front while you're holding your sick cat!
> That
> just sounds bad! I just started working a second
> job,
> so as soon as we get any money at all, then I will
> probably take Stretch in for the tests and if
> affordable, to get X-rays, and the fluid drained. Do
> X-rays show cancer tumors and/or fluid? Also, how
> often do you give the dex/depo shot (if it is
> lymphoma)? I could not really tell if the dex shot
> helped much. Stretch isn't breathing as heavily as
> she was, but her breathing is still somewhat
> labored.
> Also, where do you get the bags and needles to do
> sub-Q fluids? Is there anything else I need to do
> sub-Q? Do you just use water?
>
> Thanks,
> Wendy

> Just $16.99/mo. or less.