I absolutely think it is safe to give him the combo shot. The depo will not actually kick in for a couple of days, and I know from experience with Simon that you can give a dex shot two days in a row (I think I gave it to him three days in a row when I thought he was dying the first time).

Cypro can make them restless. How much did you give him? You can try giving half the dose. The good thing about giving a lot of steroids, though, is that it stimulates appetite even better than cypro, usually, so you may not need to give that at all if you give him the combo shot.

If the vet will not give him depo, I would seriously suggest upping his pred dosage. I know you can give 20 mg/day to a cat with cancer, and someone posted last night that her cat was on 40 mg/day.

Sorry you are going through this,
Michelle