Dear Wendy,

Have you considered talking with an animal communicator?

You WILL eventually "talk" with Cricket yourself, but for
now, you are still too emotionally upset/still blaming
yourself/feeling guilty/etc, and that can interfere with
your own communication.

(Sort of like when couples try SO hard to have a baby but
they can't - and when they finally decide to adopt - and
there by relax about the whole thing - they get pregnant.)

Getting some inital closure with an animal communicator may
just be the ticket for you.

Kat (Mew Jersey)