I know, I have thought of that. But if I give her something that she actually wants to eat, she eats it and does not cover it.  If I cater to her and keep opening things until I hit what she wants, she covers everything up until I hit the right thing and then digs into that one.  The fact that I did do this for her more than a few times is probably why she so vigorously does this now-- she has me trained!  As long as I know this is what she is doing, I try not to keep opening things these days and just offer her the same thing until she is hungry enough to eat it. I was throwing away a lot of food for a while, thinking she would not eat if I did not give her what she wanted!

Michelle