It is true that I don't think I would give a lot of dex long-term. But  I have seen it help short-term, like giving one or two dex shots and then just continuing with the pred-- the oncologist started simon off with one dex shot and then did pred for a while, e.g.  And i have seen it help for months in terminally ill cats, where long-term is not an expectation. And my Buddy did get side effects in the end, like thin skin and a wound on his back that would not heal, which I think was from all the steroids he was on (though I also think they increased his lifespan by a few months and definitely his energy levels an appetite).  I would not think it would be something used very long-term, for various reasons including diabetes.  I actually had never heard of cats getting ulcers from steroids, though, so that is important to know.

It definitely seems like a better diagnosis than lymphoma, belinda, which is something to be hopeful about. And to my knowledge you are the first one on this list to get this diagnosis, and I bet it is actually what has been going on with some of the other cats. So this is really useful information for all of us to know.

Best,
Michelle