From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Chris
Sent:
Monday, January 23, 2006 2:10 AM
To:
Net [EMAIL PROTECTED]; felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Switters- Katrina kitty looking for home....

I can’t seem to get post right so if a dupe, I apologize,

I tried posting this before but I think it did not go through…  I am working with a group trying to reunite Katrina pets with their Gulf Coast owners.  A woman posted that she had rescued a very young kitten right after the storm.  She says he was really feral when she found him but has become very accustomed to the good life!  She is having to move within a month and is really anxious to find him a forever home.  He is FELV+.

Switters is about 6 months old and when Jean found him, he was out in the street and emaciated-she guesses he was 8-10 weeks old.  He has been neutered, gotten first shots, & is microchipped.  Jean has posted him in bemikitties and is really anxious to find him a home.  She has to move in a month and cannot take him with her.  She has gone above and beyond for this little guy who she says is totally asymptomatic and it is breaking her heart that she cannot keep him.  Unfortunately, the options in New Orleans area for shelter for Switters are pretty dismal and I told her I would post her info.  I tried sending picture of Switters but it may have been too large a post for it to go thru.

I know everyone is full but if you could even give her some ideas, I know she would be eternally grateful.  She has loads of pictures and he sure does seem to have domesticated pretty well!

Her name is Jean Kottermann, Phone 504-931-9758, e-mail is [EMAIL PROTECTED]

This little one survived a hurricane on the street, he’s got to have a lot of spunk!

Chris

[EMAIL PROTECTED]