Hi Marlene,
I was hoping I could mix Interferon into food at one time too.  I've also been told that it has to be given orally.  It doesn't have to be aimed at the tonsils though.  It's tasteless and if you are gentle and slow it's one of the easiest sups/meds to give.  You can use an eye dropper instead of a syringe if it gives you better control.  Just place it between the teeth and gums and squirt slowly.  You can give a treat directly afterward as a reward.  How is Pekoe doing?  Have you not been able to get Interferon Omega?  Did you ever contact the woman from the Canadian Veterinary board?  Did you contact my vets to see if they could help with the process?  I know we're in different countries, but I was hoping there was something they could do to offer assistance.
Nina

Marlene Chornie wrote:
Hello All,

    Quick question - can Interferon Alpha be put in canned food, or does it have to be given directly into the mouth?  Everything I've read seems to indicate that it has to be given directly, targeted at the tonsils?

Thanks,
Marlene
Pekoe & Angel Digby