I know what ya mean...Sleepypants hasn't quite been himself since his
brother, Ewok, died!  He's beginning to come around, but for several
weeks I seriously thought he was hiding out waiting for death to take
him!  I distracted him by taking him outside on his harness to have a
look around...he loves being outside, and I would joke with him when we
came back inside, "See?  There are things worth living for!"  ;)

I think, just like us, they need to work through their grief and sudden
change...Sleepypants is beginning to fall back into his old routine and
I can see it in his eyes that he is okay...I guess he's decided that
being here with us and without his brothers isn't such a bad deal
afterall... ;)

You guys are such wonderful "cat-parents!"  I'm sure Lucy will be
okay...she obviously has no problem letting you guys know what she
needs!  :)  I'm sure a little extra play-time is a much needed
distraction for her...even if it is at 2 o'clock in the morning!

Jen

"But if you tame me, then we shall need each other. To me, you will be
unique in all the world. To you, I shall be unique in all the world; You
become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed..." --Antoine de
Saint-Exupéry

"If you talk to the animals they will talk with you and you will know
each other.  If you do not talk to them you will not know them, and what
you do not know you will fear. What one fears one destroys." --Chief Dan
George