I called Connie and told her to go out and quietly call him. There are some very dense bushes lining the driveway, and my nephew has a couple of trucks on the drive. I searched all of this very carefully today when I was over there, but he could have crawled up under the trucks where I couldn't see him. That would make sense because it would be "very dark and extremely close to home". I feel bad about calling her so often, she's fighting the flu and it's getting to be so late, but if it were me, (and I've had one go missing too), I'd be out there looking for him right now. Believe me, no one is mad at him. Everyone is blaming themselves as we so often do. C'mon little Tux, show yourself and come on home.

Marylyn wrote:

I truly believe you will find him but I get a real sense that he is under something where it is very dark and is extremely close to home. And frightened out of his wits. He defines your relationship with him. He is a cat. Pushing a cat has never done me any good and I have been working with ferals and throwaways for the longest time. Don't fret over that. Have HER go out and call for him. Gently and lovingly. And when they do find him they need to love him, not fuss at him. He needs assurance that no one is mad at him. He will be afraid of a trap and it could leave him venerable to animals if they are not watching it all the time. When Dixie Louise got out she went to the pine thicket and hid under a brush pile and in little dens feral cats make in pine needles. I have no idea what your sister's place looks like but my very strong sense is that he is hiding in a very dark place close to the house. I know I am repeating myself but that is how strongly it is coming thru.

Good luck. It is awful to have one missing. Especially in coyote country. Have HER go out. And put on a light to guide him in in addition to ones to keep the coyotes away. A light in the window near where he went out. He may be so frightened/confused he can't figure out exactly how to get back in.