Tabbs Spain, crossed over, 8th April
I am heart broken, but after Tabbs Long and brave fight, I had my Lady vet
come out to the House to put My brave boy to sleep,  He had so many trips to
the vets in the last month that I did not have the heart for that last one,
when I knew that he would know where he was going.  I have known we were
losing the fight for the last 3 weeks, He  had lost interest in his food and
also had lost a lot of weight, but was still enjoying life up until the last
2 days. he did not wish too be with me any longer  sleeping or for sitting
on my lap. and  on the Friday I had called the vet out, I picked him up for
his last cuddle, but he wanted to be put down, and when I put him on the
floor,for him to go back to his hiding spot in the video unit, he rush out
side into the garden, and did a wee, but then instead of going to one of his
old sleeping spot, he disappeared down the into the Spanish under growth
where I could not follow him, due to us living on a mountain type range. All
day I called him and all night, up to 2.30 in the morning, I was still
expecting him to  turn up on the end of my bed, but I was scared that he was
not coming back, and had gone off to die.

Back up again 4 , and  6, still no Tabbs, by 8 o clock I knew he was not
going to turn up,
So on with my walking shoes and a lot of protection clothing, plus my
walking stick, and some rope, and down the mountain I went calling and
praying, but knowing unless I could see him, I would not be able to recover
him, due to not responding to me on other occasions, when he wanted to be
alone.
one hour later and a little bit worst for wear due to the heavy under
growth, I hear 3 meow's from him, but for the next 20 mins nothing, but at
least I knew he was down there some where, and a lot further down than I
would have though he would have gone. I shouted to my husband to get the car
and drive down to the bottom of the valley to see if could hear him or see
him , but no luck there. But my young cat Tiger who follows me every where,
had followed me down through the thick under growth and was further down,
than me, but he had found Tabbs, who was behind a big stone rock, it took me
about 10
mins to get to him, But he would not come to me, I now had the problem of
climbing back up with him in my arms, which to begin with was OK, as he was
happy to have a cuddle, after 10 mins with one arm round him and the other
trying to grab plant life to pull myself back up the hill, I was having
trouble hanging onto him,
But 20 mins later, and nearly having a heart attack we got to the top. Oh I
was so happy, to have found him, I had thoughts that I would have always
have been looking down that valley and wondering where he was, and never
knowing how long he was there before he past on.
My FELV boy Chang who pass on last summer, did this to us, and also My FELV
Boy Rocky , he went missing for 3 days, but came back to die, they where
both, too wild too do any treatment with. But Tabbs who was also a stray was
someone's pet at some time,

Sadly Tabbs did not wish me to hold him or give him cuddles, and went back
into his hiding place of the Video, so the phone call I had made the day
before had to be repeated, No interest in food or water, and he looked
really fed up. I spent a couple of hours sitting next to him and  giving him
my contact and talking to him, while we waited for the vet to come. Even
then he tried to do a little roll for me to tickle his tummy. My best Boy.

The end was easy and very peace full for him, thanks to my vet.

 If we could have got the epogen, then may be he would have had a better
chance, for any one interested in the care Tabbs had or the  history on
feline interferon and interferon A which he was treated with, then when I am
feeling better, I will give any information that may or may not be of
interest.
Also if we had started the Interferon early may be things would have had a
better ending.
I do believe that the Interferon did give Tabbs a couple of extra months. he
was ill at Xmas time, so who knows.
but Thanks to you all and this web site I do feel that I was able to do more
for Tabbs, than I would have with out it. Thank you.

please  Belinda would you add Tabbs to CLS list, do I need to send you a
photo of Tabbs. I would like too.

no rush, good luck with your operation, praying all goes well and a
speedily recovery
Dare I ask how is Bailey doing, I have been too upset to view the e mails
over the last week so forgive me on not being up to date.

It has removed 1180 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!