Where are you located? I used to live down south,and yes, heartworms are one of the worst preventable things that happens down there. However, I found that the Memphis Emergency clinic is actually fairly good, depending, of course, on who's rotating through it as far as students and supervising vets goes.

Look at the bright side, the hit by car cat, if his wounds are confined to one leg for the most part, COULD just get that leg amputated, and live a very normal and happy life (if it doesn't end up healing as a functioning leg). In fact, I think I'd be apt to consider that as a first course of action, a cleanly amputated leg heals much faster than several ugly breaks, and would be MUCH less painful of a recovery for the cat. Just something to consider...

The FELV guy will either pull through URI, or not, and there's not much you can do there but hope, and keep your fingers crossed (and treat the URI just like you would for any cat).

HW is treatable, if caught early enough, again, one of those things you just have to do, and keep fingers crossed on, they either make it through treatment, or don't. Other worms are easily cured.

The pelvis baby is the only really urgent one you have, if you look at it through rose colored glasses. And he's already improving!

It's all in the perspective. Funds can be raised, you can apply for IMOM, or care credit, or any number of emergency animal funds that are out there (the Rio Vista [horse grooming products] one might help you with the dogs, they generally don't "do" cats).

Oh, and if I may inquire, how did the JRT become deaf? Injury, or born that way?

Jenn
http://ucat.us
http://ucat.us/domesticcatlinks.html
Adopt a cat from Little Cheetah (UCAT) Cat Rescue:
http://ucat.us/adopt.html
PLEASE DONATE TO THE TANGLE FUND:
Tangle is a cat in Greece that was severely injured when someone wrapped wire around his neck to strangle him,
Little Cheetah Cat Rescue is raising funds to bring Tangle to Vermont to find him a good home!
http://ucat.us/tangle-fund.html
Checked by AVG Free Edition.