I'll say, thanks!

As if I am not busy enough, LOL!

I got reamed out at my first job today, had to stay late to get reprimanded for not being fast enough and for being too "open" with my mouth. Then, I went to my second job. The I got home, and had to do all my Rescue/personal cat care jobs. And my first job wants me to come in EARLY tomorrow, to make up for how slow I was today. They do NOT understand I work there until 4:30 on a good day (today I was there until 5:30, yes, I got an HOUR of being reamed out), then I go to my second job, and was there tonight until 8:15, then I did my FIV+ cat's cage and let him out for a while, scooped the rest of the litterboxes, and NOW I am making dinner at 9:45pm. Even if I go straight to bed as soon as it is done and I can woof it down, I'll still only get a few hours sleep. Normally I get up at 7:00am to be at my first job at 8:00am, but they want me in at 6:00am tomorrow. Ahh, yeah, right. I told them I'd be there when I got there. The boss wasn't too impressed by me doing my nails while he was getting onto me though, LOL, at least I got that much in for myself. He was like, "Jenn, please look at me, what are you doing, I like to be looked at when I am speaking to someone." LOLOL.... I'm like yeah, sorry about that, but this job eats the skin off my hands and rips up my nails, and I wont have time to fix them tonight unless I do them now, cause I have to go to my other job after I leave here, and I don't like making eye contact because then I will start crying and have an anxiety attack... at which point, I broke down, and had an anxiety attack, LOL!

Ahh, a day in the life, eh? MY biggest worry right now, is FAR away from that place, this poor FIV+ cat is SO sad in this cage, all alone all day. I REALLY wish I could at least find him a fosterhome for the meantime (in hopes of someone wanting a nice housecat adopting him, as opposed to being added to the feral colony like he will be if he stays here). I don't know how ANYONE runs a shelter with all the cats in cages like this, it's SO heartbreaking every night, to have to put him back in there, and tell him "I'm so sorry Zack" as he gives me this pitiful sounding pleading scratchy meow. But, what can I do? I can't let him out, he hates the other cats, plus he's not adjusted to the location yet, and if I let him out with the ferals he might try to go "home" to his "family" in Mass. I tell you what, I now know WHY most experienced rescuers have such a shitty attitude about "owner surrenders", it's because WE have to WATCH as their cat's hearts BREAK because of THEM. On one hand, I know they tried to find a place that allowed pets, but on the other, they didn't CRY when they left Zack here either, so how much did they really LOVE this cat? This cat LOVED THEM though, and he cries about it every day when I have to stop petting him and make dinner and go to bed and he has to go back in that cage for the next 23 and 1/2 hours!

Anyways, you can see why my sh*tty day at work pales in comparison to the IMPORTANT things in my life. My boos, at one point, was talking about how good he is at his job, and I began to cry, and he's like "What, why are you crying?" and I was like "Because I'm REALLY good at doing the job that I love, but what I love to do costs me money, and I have to work a REAL job to pay for it." and anyways... yeah. I think he knows where my loyalties lay now, for better or worse. I got to go, eat quickly and go to bed... no time for a shower tonight. I'll catch up with email on Saturday, see you guys then!

Jenn
http://ucat.us
http://ucat.us/domesticcatlinks.html
Adopt a cat from Little Cheetah (UCAT) Cat Rescue:
http://ucat.us/adopt.html
PLEASE DONATE TO THE TANGLE FUND:
Tangle is a cat in Greece that was severely injured when someone wrapped wire around his neck to strangle him,
Little Cheetah Cat Rescue is raising funds to bring Tangle to Vermont to find him a good home!
http://ucat.us/tangle-fund.html
Checked by AVG Free Edition.