From: Nina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sunday, June 11, 2006 3:43 am
Subject: Re: Test results and an OT question
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org

OMG Kelley, that's fabulous news about the neg results!!  It must
be
what I said about false positive results, there's no other way to
explain it.

They were pretty shocked she tested neg after testing pos 3 days ago.
I was very happy until I heard about the heart murmur.

As far as the heart murmur kitty...  What grade murmur did your
vet say
it was?  Many kittens and puppies have slight heart murmurs that
resolve
themselves as they grow.  How old is she?  If it's a serious one,
there
are surgical options that you could consider.  My ex-husband
adopted an
5 week old kitten that had serious heart problems.  They did open
heart
surgery on this little tiny girl and the vet has assured him that
she's
going to be fine now.  I don't know about neg cats and different
size
pupils, but I know it's something that does occur with felv
kitties and
doesn't seem to cause any trouble.  Does the vet think that her
teeth
are curved enough to cause her problems?

Well, first of all this was not my vet.  This was a vet at the city
subsidized shot/combo test/spay/neuter place.  I got there 10 minutes
before they opened and it was a 4.5 hour wait.  I hated to do that to
them but since it was 5 tests, I couldn't really afford to go to my
vet and have it done (he gives me huge discounts and I love him, but
not that huge).  This vet listened to her heart, said "This cat has a
heart murmur and we can't inoculate it here."  She didn't tell me what
grade it was, nor offer me any opinion on her teeth other than that
they were genetically abnormal.  She couldn't believe Missy had been
to the vet before, or that she had gotten spayed at Emancipet(I know
heart murmur kitties are supposed to have gas anasthesia.)

 Take another deep

breath.  You
had a terrible fright with the felv test and that turned out, (at
least
it appears to have), been nothing to worry about.  I'm praying
that your
special love's problems will work themselves out too.  What's her
name?

My babies name is Missy.  She's a tiny little girl, and they remarked
on her thinness, though I have been feeding her extra fattening stuff
and kitten milk and managed to get her to 5.5 pounds.  Her immune
system seems abnormal, and she gets URI a lot and has to be syringe
fed, and then we lose the progress we have gained.  That's one reason
I had her re-tested, but she has 2 negative results now, one in
November and one Saturday.  I kept holding her up to my ear all
weekend to see if I could hear anything, I know that is silly.

She's spoiled rotten, even with the dozens of cats in my house.  She
spends most of her time in my lap if I am at home and sitting, or
following me around if I am not sitting.  She gives me kisses if I am
really sad...I say she saves them for when I really need them, but I
realistically she probably just likes the salt in my tears.....

Here's a link to her pic: http://www.moonvine.net/missy.jpg

She's 8 months now.

I have an appointment for her with my real vet on Saturday.  I don't
want her left all day at the vet feeling abandoned, nor being dragged
around in the heat, unless it is a real emergency.

Kelley