Ember is still not doing so great with her bowel movements. I've tried a few things: switching to California Natural Chicken and Brown Rice canned, giving her a bit of Eagle Pack Holistic Solution... and have had no luck. She had a small, fairly loose stool Saturday, and nothing since. She hasn't been eating well. I'm not sure if it's the California Natural or what.

Anyway, with her last bm on Saturday, I took her to the vet today. I had them run a fairly full spectrum of tests, including blood panel (thankfully, no anemia) and stool check. Ember has lost over half a pound since the vet visit some months ago before this started (she's down to 10.1 lbs from 10.7). Last visit, she palpitated Ember and found no hint of lumps. The vet, again, looked for parasites, including giardia, and found none. She also said it looked like Ember would need to use the box sometime fairly soon. The good news is, she did just a minute ago. :) It was a fairly normal "incident," for the first time in awhile.

The vet prescribed flagyl for five days, so we have that here. However, I'm just not sure I want to do that. I've read that it's a harsh antibiotic, and while I trust my vet (one of two allopathic vets who have treated Ember recently), I just wonder if I shouldn't wait for another day or two to see what happens.

I'm going to give Ember a little tuna (in water, not vegetable oil). I'm hoping to find some other options that will help her get her appetite back. I need to order some more Innova EVO for her, too. I'm also considering getting her some Prescription Diet w/d, despite the fact that I really dislike Hill's.

Any thoughts on the flagyl or the inappetence would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Lance