The argument I've heard agaisnt raw food, is not about the nutritional value of a raw meat diet, it's the fact that poultry produced in the US is not intended for raw consumption, it's not kept cold enough or thoroughly screened for parasytes, because producers assume it will be cooked. I just wonder if maybe it's worth that risk in order to feed my kitties a great diet that they love, or not because they are already compromised. Also as much as I hear about parasytes being a major issue, I've never heard of an actual pet getting them from raw food.

From: Belinda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: raw food
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 06:27:35 -0700

I personally am still not 100% sure about raw food. You get the argument that this is what cats eat in the wild, well like it or not, they aren't wild anymore and have under gone changes due to years of being domesticated.

So, I can only go by my own experience and ours was good, no problems with parasites.

--

Belinda
happiness is being owned by cats ...

Be-Mi-Kitties
http://bemikitties.com

http://adopt.bemikitties.com

FeLV Candlelight Service
http://bemikitties.com/cls

http://HostDesign4U.com

BMK Designs [non-profit animals websites]
http://bmk.bemikitties.com