I am running out so will let someone else explain how to do it, but it is not hard and I have done many many times.  basically it involves using A/D, or another canned food mixed with water to the consistency of a slurry, or baby food, using 3 ml or 6 ml oral syringes (can get from vet), kneeling behind the cat, opening the mouth with one hand, putting the syringe in with the other (angled toward side of mouth, not straight back, so as not to choke them), and slowly squirting in about 1 ml at a time and letting them swallow before next squirt. Ideally you want to get about 200- 250 calories/day into them, I think.

Michelle