Rabies vaccination is a state law driven than anything else ---I live in NM, either annual or every 3 years (they use a different vaccine type).. but my vet recommend does not require 3 year vaccine for cats (too strong for a small body).

Regardless I hope that you do not vaccine your felk kitties – I get a waiver letter from my vet for all my felk and fiv kitties so that they won’t need to get vaccinations.  I know of very scary stories from reaction of vaccinations.. so I don’t get rabies on any of my cats whenever possible.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Roxane Baldwin
Sent: Monday, July 10, 2006 2:18 PM
To: Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: OT-Rabies Vaccine

I just had an upsetting phone call with my vets office.  They are going from a 2 years rabies vaccine to a annual rabies vaccine for cats, it is now 3 years for dogs.  I thought that there was only one type of rabies vaccine and it was a 3 year shot.

With the study that Jean Dodds is trying to put together, I would think that vet offices would wake-up to the dangers of over vaccinating.

Does anyone  know if this annual vaccination is a new standard for felines or is this just my vet?

I'm sorry this is OT but with a canine with an auto-immune disorder because a vet over vaccinated her, I get very upset when they tell me I need to vaccinate more.

Roxane,
Horton, Iowa