As a lifelong cat lover and owner of seven, I was just wondering how we can
ever know when we are truly adopting a negative kitten.  Years ago I wouldn't
think twice about finding a homeless cat, falling in love with it, and bringing
it straight home with me.  Now, after having experience with finding positive
kittens(strays from the neighborhood), i've found myself becoming overly afraid
of this disease and accidentally bringing it to my negatives.  I'm not trying
to adopt a cat at this time, but for future reference, I was wondering if the
test that they send out to the lab(always forget the name of it) is a pretty
accurate indicator.  I was browing a petsmart adoption event and saw young cats
and was wondering if they had the lab test done, at what age can it ever be
considered accurate.  I've read enough on this web site to know that it seems
no test is really 100%, but was wondering if the sent to the lab test was
negative on a young cat if it would then be about as safe as it gets.  I know
this sounds silly, but as much as I love cats, I know in the future I will find
a kitty needing a home and I was just looking for reassurance in a more
comprehensive lab test.  Thanks for listening.