From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2006 11:55 PM
To: Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: test results

As a lifelong cat lover and owner of seven, I was just wondering how we can
ever know when we are truly adopting a negative kitten.  Years ago I
wouldn't think twice about finding a homeless cat, falling in love with it,
and bringing it straight home with me.  Now, after having experience with
finding positive kittens(strays from the neighborhood), i've found myself
becoming overly afraid of this disease and accidentally bringing it to my
negatives.  I'm not trying to adopt a cat at this time, but for future
reference, I was wondering if the test that they send out to the lab(always
forget the name of it) is a pretty accurate indicator.  I was browing a
petsmart adoption event and saw young cats and was wondering if they had the
lab test done, at what age can it ever be considered accurate.  I've read
enough on this web site to know that it seems no test is really 100%, but
was wondering if the sent to the lab test was negative on a young cat if it
would then be about as safe as it gets.  I know this sounds silly, but as
much as I love cats, I know in the future I will find a kitty needing a home
and I was just looking for reassurance in a more comprehensive lab test.
Thanks for listening.