It is sooooooooo good to hear from you Helene!  We've missed you!

Helene Hand <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi, all!  Though a longtime member of the list, have not communicated in a long time. I won't let that happen again.

There were several questions-one from Michelle- about whether Sam was always positive. I don't think so. His mother, Delilah is neg.  They came to me from a rescue place in 1993. I was assured that the had all of their vaccines- I had written documentation- so until 1999 they received routine vaccines yearly. In 1999 to my shock and dismay Sam tested positive (then we had several mishaps, incorrect testing, and faulty  knowledge on the vet's part) and there you go. He is not an outside cat  except when we go on the patio together. Got him into remission finally after a year of touch and go-hard work and love, etc..and words of wisdom from the FELV list. He has been fine until 3 weeks ago, when previous symptoms recurred.  I give him all of his meds and fluids at home with my wonderful vet's blessing.
I really just thought the rescue remedy drops might make things better........Helene -   here is what he is currently on:

SAMMY’S MEDS:  (CURRENT 6/30/06)

½ TAURINE PO DAILY
WINSTROL 2 MG PO 2X WK (*TUES/SAT)
B-COMPLEX ( PETTINIC) 2 CC  PO 1X DAY
INTERFERON 1CC PO 1X DAY
 7 DAYS ON-7 DAYS OFF
VIT B12  .25 CC 1X WK SUBCU ( *TUESDAY)
PROCRIT.07 CC 3X WK SUBCU. (140 mg.)(* MON-WEDS-FRI)  This had been discontinued, now restarted.
LAXATONE ONE DOLLOP EVERY 2-3 DAYS

Bolus of 100cc Ringer’s Lactate subcu with # 21 gauge 1 “ needle  daily  He and Delilah also drink filtered water.

"My cat the clown: paying no mind to whom he should impress. Merely living his life, doing what pleases him, and making me smile."
- Anonymous

Do you Yahoo!?