a lot of kittens go through a gangly, scrawny stage around that age--so i'd keep an eye on him to see if anything changes, but wouldn't necessarily panic..... the tapeworm itself could be causing him not to be getting all the nutrients from his food. that said, i'm an overprotective mom, and i'd call the vet and talk to him about it--an appointment may not be necessary, but my vets know that i'm always gonna ask the questions...

MC