From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2006 7:07 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: OT: a poem I just wrote

This is wonderful - my feelings exactly...said so well.

In a message dated 8/14/2006 6:41:52 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Someone on another list was asking about if she should allow her cat to shred her chair. I just had to share my reply with you guys, cause it kinda turned into a poem:

" My cats have a $300 cat tree scratching post. Yes they use it often.. but they still use the couch too. If you're not to attached to it, I'd say, what's the harm, it's a chair, after all, and chairs are replaceable, and don't have feelings. Cats, on the other hand, are very NON-replaceable, and their time with us is too short to begin with. If it makes them happy, what is a chair or sofa to me, when the happiness of my cat is the goal of my life? It's all in the perspective, of course. Some people are very attached to their material possessions, to the point of cutting off their cat's toes to save the sofa. Personally, I'd rather NOT be in that category of people.

So to all the cats I say: "Go forth my sweet kitties, and shred the sofas of life, leave not a sliver of upholstery upon which you have not laid your touch, for until you touched it, it had no meaning to me, with your touch, you brought your own special personality to light upon the material world, and thus improved it. For when you are long passed from this life, and I look fondly in the vision of my mind upon your memories, as I sit upon that shredded sofa, my own tears shall fall upon the same surface as you yourself touched, and together we will be again, if only for a moment, sitting quietly, upon sofa we shared in our own special way. I wont be remembering yelling at you, or squirting you with a water bottle, or taking you in the have your toes cut off. I wont be remembering you running scared from the sound of a rolled up newspaper, from me. I wont be remembering anything but you, in all your feline glory, stretching up in a graceful arch, with the look of pure glee upon your face, and the sound of fabric ripping, as you happily do what comes naturally to you, marking your territory. Only fond memories, will those of you be, to be. "

Phaewryn

Please adopt a cat from Little Cheetah Cat Rescue!!! http://ucat.us/adopt.html
Low cost Spay&Neuter services in VT, and Emergency Financial Assistance for cat owners:
http://ucat.us/VermontLowCost.html
Special Needs Cat Resources: http://ucat.us/domesticcatlinks.html
Please shop online through i-give and support the Feline Veterinary Emergency Assistance Program:
http://www.igive.com/FVEAP
Shop at GREAT stores, like Drs. Foster & Smith, Pet Food Direct, Musician's Friend, and LOTS more!
It doesn't cost you a single penny more, and it makes so much difference to a sick cat in need!

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE. Any advice expressed above as to tax matters was neither written nor intended by the sender or Mayer, Brown, Rowe & Maw LLP to be used and cannot be used by any taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed under U.S. tax law. If any person uses or refers to any such tax advice in promoting, marketing or recommending a partnership or other entity, investment plan or arrangement to any taxpayer, then (i) the advice was written to support the promotion or marketing (by a person other than Mayer, Brown, Rowe & Maw LLP) of that transaction or matter, and (ii) such taxpayer should seek advice based on the taxpayers particular circumstances from an independent tax advisor

This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.