Your poem brought a smile to my face.  That's how I feel about it :)

Gina

Phaewryn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Someone on another list was asking about if she should allow her cat to shred her chair. I just had to share my reply with you guys, cause it kinda turned into a poem:

" My cats have a $300 cat tree scratching post. Yes they use it often.. but they still use the couch too. If you're not to attached to it, I'd say, what's the harm, it's a chair, after all, and chairs are replaceable, and don't have feelings. Cats, on the other hand, are very NON-replaceable, and their time with us is too short to begin with. If it makes them happy, what is a chair or sofa to me, when the happiness of my cat is the goal of my life? It's all in the perspective, of course. Some people are very attached to their material possessions, to the point of cutting off their cat's toes to save the sofa. Personally, I'd rather NOT be in that category of people.

So to all the cats I say: "Go forth my sweet kitties, and shred the sofas of life, leave not a sliver of upholstery upon which you have not laid your touch, for until you touched it, it had no meaning to me, with your touch, you brought your own special personality to light upon the material world, and thus improved it. For when you are long passed from this life, and I look fondly in the vision of my mind upon your memories, as I sit upon that shredded sofa, my own tears shall fall upon the same surface as you yourself touched, and together we will be again, if only for a moment, sitting quietly, upon sofa we shared in our own special way. I wont be remembering yelling at you, or squirting you with a water bottle, or taking you in the have your toes cut off. I wont be remembering you running scared from the sound of a rolled up newspaper, from me. I wont be remembering anything but you, in all your feline glory, stretching up in a graceful arch, with the look of pure glee upon your face, and the sound of fabric ripping, as you happily do what comes naturally to you, marking your territory. Only fond memories, will those of you be, to be. "

Phaewryn

Please adopt a cat from Little Cheetah Cat Rescue!!! http://ucat.us/adopt.html
Low cost Spay&Neuter services in VT, and Emergency Financial Assistance for cat owners:
http://ucat.us/VermontLowCost.html
Special Needs Cat Resources: http://ucat.us/domesticcatlinks.html
Please shop online through i-give and support the Feline Veterinary Emergency Assistance Program:
http://www.igive.com/FVEAP
Shop at GREAT stores, like Drs. Foster & Smith, Pet Food Direct, Musician's Friend, and LOTS more!
It doesn't cost you a single penny more, and it makes so much difference to a sick cat in need!
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:O'Gwynn;Jenn;Phaewryn;Ms.
FN:Jenn Phaewryn O'Gwynn
NICKNAME:Phaewryn
ORG:UCAT rescue;operations/field work
TITLE:Cat Rescuer
NOTE:I rescue cats. I run a small personal rescue operation, all on my own, and out of pocket. Donations appreciated at any time! Paypal donations can be sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED] or send donations via check or money order to Jennifer O'Guin, PO Box 1008, Hardwick VT. 05843
TEL;WORK;VOICE:802-472-8628
TEL;HOME;VOICE:802 472-8628
ADR;WORK:;home office;;Hardwick;VT.;05843;USA
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:home office=0D=0AHardwick, VT. 05843=0D=0AUSA
ADR;HOME:;;P.O. Box 1008;Hardwick;Vermont;05843;USA
LABEL;HOME;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:P.O. Box 1008=0D=0AHardwick, Vermont 05843=0D=0AUSA
X-WAB-GENDER:1
URL;HOME:http://ucat.us
URL;WORK:http://ucat.us/adopt.html
BDAY:19750928
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
EMAIL;INTERNET:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
EMAIL;INTERNET:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
REV:20060815T013827Z
END:VCARD
Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Please visit my Tigger Tales site!

At the bottom of the home and links pages are my merchant affiliate banners.  If anyone uses my links to make a purchase, I will receive a percentage of all final sales.  I am going to donate 100% of the proceeds to animal welfare organizations.  This is a great way to shop your favorite online pet stores and give something to a worthy cause.  Thank you in advance!