Thank you, Wendy.  I'm spoiling her at every opportunity.

I've been debating whether to confront my neighbor about this issue.  I just hate having my first encounter with the neighbors being so negative though.  Now that I've calmed down and had some time to reflect - I know that they really did not mean for the dog to get out and were racing to remedy the problem at the time it happened.  They've lived there at least a couple of years and that is the first time it has happened and I really think there was some kind of turmoil going on at their house. (This does not excuse not even asking if Mama was OK though)  I don't have a problem opening up a can of "whoop-ass" when need be but my gut instinct tells me to wait and to not be threatening - I've learned to follow my instincts.  I've also learned that once I've unleashed a 'can' ...therer's no undoing it.

Meanwhile, I'm doing my best to transition Mama Kitty into an indoor kitty.  She spent the past two nights inside.  She doesn't have the natural litter box know-how inborn to so many cats and so I do periodically let her out to take care of business...but then I've been convincing her to come back in.  She's inside now and happy in her little nest on the couch.  Her favorite 'ladies room' material is mulch so I'm wondering if the  'feline pine' litter might make it easier for her to transition?  If I filled a litter box with pine bark mulch from the yard - she would know exactly what to do.

She seems to be ok.  She is very affectionate and a lot more willing to come inside so this may just be an opportunity to provide a safer environment for her.

When 'macat' sent the email about the kitty dying from shock it really blew my mind.  That could have happened to Mama Kitty after this incident.  They truly are more fragile than you think.

Here's a picture of Mama Kitty that was taken last Tuesday by a photographer who came here to photograph Indigo Buntings.  At least before this last incident - she truly seems happier and healthier than she has ever been...

Thank you to everyone - you've been so supportive through this.  I'll never confess to being a girl who leans on people or who ever needed support for anything - but I just don't know what I would do without you all on this list.

elizabeth