Hi Belinda,
I don't have Inky's last blood work papers here, but I am going to get them tomorrow..I can give you the initial tests results done on Aug. 18.
I am only going to list the ones that are not in the normal range..
ALB +4.5 (2.2-4.4 G/DL)
AMY +2650 (330-1100 U/L)
BUN +79   (10-30 MG/DL)
PHOS +9.3 (3.4-8.5 MG/DL)
CRE +2.9  (.3-2.1 MG/DL)
HCT 36.3  ( which is way in the middle so no signs of anemia)  I was really pleased with that one..
I do remember when they re-checked his blood before I brought him home, they were around the normal range..except the amylase..AMY it was worse actually over 3000.
I will post those tomorrow or as soon as I get them, but I am sure the BUN was under 30 and the creatine was around 2.3. I don't remember what the phos was at that time..I guess we will re-do blood work in a month or so, too..
He hates sub-q fluids, I have to take him as I can't do it by myself at home. He won't let me and really gets stressed out about it..I know I am going to have to find a way to do it here..It does stress him some to take him, too, but I think it is because the fluids always go down his leg and he just can't get around too good for awhile..They talked about putting in a port so it would be easier to do at home...have you had any dealings with one of those?? I still don't think his problem is all related to his kidneys..I really believe he was having pancreatitis attack..The vomiting has stopped and he has a normal stool now.   She did say he had liver failure, too, but I know the bilirubin is suppose to be elevated or not normal if that is going on and his was in the middle range of normal..I had a renal kitty in the past and I know no matter how much IV fluids we gave him the BUN and CRE never came down like this or as rapid..
Anyway, I guess we will stay on the K/D diet and as much raw food as I can get him to eat..He really likes chicken broth so I give him all he wants..I know for several days, he didn't even drink water just the broth, but lots of it.  I did sneak some water in it at times, too..He has so many issues going on, it is hard to deal with..His thyroid test was normal this time, too..so 1/4 tapazole is working for him..I just hate that he is on so much pred right now...10mg daily, but I am going to cut it back to 7.5 then guess we will work our way down if we can..Please let me know what you think..
Thanks for the info,
Kerry, Bandy and Inky